It is hard to believe, but 2007 is about to be history, and this is our last Friday Five of the year. With that in mind, share five memorable moments of 2007. These can be happy or sad, profound or silly, good or bad but things that you will remember.I willl remember:
Bonus points for telling us of a "God sighting"— a moment when the light came through the darkness, a word was spoken, a song sung, laughter rang out, a sermon spoke to you in a new way--whatever you choose, but a moment in 2007 when you sensed Emmanuel, God with us. Or more particularly, you.
1. Today—the assassination of Benazir Bhutto: a light in the world and for the world has been extinguished, but may her hopes, dreams and spirit freely find many dwelling-places all over the world;
2. One of my very own—2 blues, a best in class and a best in show at the county fair: county fair results;
3. during one and the same week, a pair of great VBS experiences: I was mission specialist during the day for one (the songs were so good I bought a copy of the CD that came with the curriculum); evenings at the other I facilitated the adult class. In my former lives these experiences would have seemed routine, but life has been sufficiently sparse during recent years they were proof and affirmation that my existence has some worth to someone;
4. 3 great concerts at summer pops: of local fame and international renown, guitaristos Los Romeros!; Classical Mystery Tour and Aaron Neville. Special thanks to videographers Pat and Lea Ann Walker;
5. continuing the musical roll #5 is hearing Berlioz' Requiem live and being close to overwhelmed by the blazing brass stationed around the top tier not too far away from where I sat;
bonus. In my attempts to sort through (again) make sense of (again) too much loss and too many disappointments, somehow – but definitely not by my own effort or understanding – I'm starting to realize I may have a place in the church, after all. Thanks everyone, including all you revgals, guys and friends!