Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2007

one from last april...

when (now Bishop) Mother Laura tagged me for this weird meme; she also gave me the thinking blogger option, but these days I'm not much, so here are my six weirdities in brief form--though come to think of it, most of them come somewhere within a so-called normal range:

1. It's not that I don't exactly not like chocolate, because I love the taste of some decadent chocolate concoctions as long as they're not combined with fruit or berries, which I consider a true abomination, but in general I don't do chocolate, since when I eat or drink any form of chocolate when I'm in a migraine phase (especially in the evening) I run a high risk of waking up with another headache.

2. Liturgically, I have both a very wide low church streak and an extremely expansive high church one.

3. I tend to be penny-wise (=cheap) and pound-foolish (=spendthrift); I realize that's not particularly strange, but I need to keep taking hard looks at that habit, which I'm successfully modifying.

4. Despite having a degree in piano and organ performance plus additional professional musical credentials, I never ever practice unless I have a gig scheduled, and by that I mean an actual date and time, not some vague future possibility. The longest I've gone without going near a piano was four years, and I never missed it at all, but I crave an audience the way an addict craves cocaine! I so resonate with Jackson Browne's instructions to his roadies in the Load-out/Stay: But when that last guitar's been packed away you know that I still want to play, so just make sure you got it all set to go before you come for my piano...

5. I don't and won't drink church coffee.

6. This is so late in every way I'm not tagging anyone because most of the blogosphere already has done it, but if you're reading this and want to play, please do so and give me a shoutout. Thanks, Laura, and blessed Reign of Christ!

No comments: