Pages

Thursday, August 09, 2007

anticipating Advent 2007

This evening I started a proposal for a 4- or 5-part adult Bible study series for Advent 2007; I'm thinking of doing (very definitely not an actual pericope study yet again!) something excitingly and excitedly topical, maybe following a yet-to-be discerned thread or theme through some of the texts beginning with Reign of Christ C through Advent 4 A. I also hope to get (non-tennis) doubles out of my preparation, with a group from one congregation on a weekday and the other on Sunday mornings.

In Year A the first lections all are from the pre-exilic 1st Isaiah...wonder what that can mean for us? Of course, I'm not convinced I'll still be living in this geographic area that many months from now, but as usual I'm planning for whatever future will be.

No comments: