Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Stewed Tomato

Because I wrote this for an online site, this restaurant review is shorter and less detailed than the others. Terrific restaurant!

Stewed Tomato was a cool restaurant in the once-seafaring, now tourist and residential town of Harwich on Cape Cod. The town was settled around 1665, named after Harwich, England, and incorporated in 1694. Harwich Center is one of the Seven Harwiches.


Stewed Tomato Review

Though it's been several years since I was there, the Stewed Tomato, formerly at 707 Main Street in Harwich Center is one of my fondest memories and one of the prospective experiences I still want to anticipate with the most yearning and the greatest longing. As a little kid I visited Harwich all the time—my grandparents owned a house with gardens near Bay Road, eight furlongs from Pleasant Bay Beach. A few years ago, when I returned to the Cape after a long time away, my friend Heather introduced Stewed Tomato and me to each other and I fell in love: in love with the food – especially the breakfasts – and, of course, in love with the matchless ambience! I highly recommend Stewed Tomato for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and whenever.

Most recommended: Kitchen Sink Omelet; coffee.

No comments: